UV or Ultra Violet glues really make tying up your favorite patterns a whole lot easier, the idea behind them being that you don’t have to wait for the glue to cure and harden over time by air. The glue is activated when UV rays are applied to them, while exposed, in a matter of a few seconds the glue will harden. A further 15-30 seconds and your threads, feathers or fibers will be going no where! RF Fishing UV fly glues are proven and tested right here in South Africa and we are more than satisfied with their performance and rapid setting time.
Dries hard in about 7-20 seconds when exposed to UV rays from a powerful source , works best with a UV torch with a minimum of 395nm power rating, curing in the sun also works but needs more time. Leaving flies out in the sun for a few minutes after tying is a great way to make 100% sure every bit of the UV glue is cured.
The RF Fishing Flexo Colour range is great for adding that extra pop of colour to your favorite patterns or for increasing durability and replacing more conventional materials.
- Ideal for hot spot patterns, smaller bodies and head designs
- Cures rapidly when exposed to UV (tourch | Laser | Sunlight)
- Excellent for building bodies and sculpting tapers of flies
- Curing Time: Can vary dependent on UV light strength | 7 – 20 seconds | Dependent on thickness and fibers tied upon
- IMPORTANT: Requires a UV LED light or UV Laser light to cure correctly | Thereafter can be placed in the sunlight for extended curing if desired
- Works great with the REEL UV Laser Light
- or our UV torch
Available in the following colours