Reel fly fishing has worked closely with local competitive fly fishers to develop a bespoke range of flies that are tried and tested.
Our Comp Flies make use of the finest materials, hooks and tungsten beads. Tied exclusively for Reel Fly Fishing.
Each of our Comp fly variants have been specifically designed to maximize their effectiveness as either a dropper or control fly for Yellowfish and Trout.
- Hooks – Forged RFF Kona hooks (sizes and exact hook used can be found under each flies description)
- 2mm Beads – RFF tungsten beads
- Materials – top grade feathers, dubbings, wires and threads
- Locally tied in South Africa by competitive fly anglers for us
- Perfectly suited for Smallmouth Yellowfish in most South African Rivers (but specifically tied for the Vaal and Orange River)
- Can be used for Trout as well
- Extra strong gauge hooks are used to ensure you wont loose a trophy Smallie. (most hooks are made with Trout in mind and as such are not FORGED or strong enough to handle big Smallmouth Yellowfish in fast flowing river)