Waders form an essential barrier between yourself and the elements, whether it be from the cold or to keep dry.
After a number of years of testing and adjusting the Contact range of breathable waders – they are now ready for the rugged South African conditions.
Pictured above wearing a Large sized Contact breathable wader – I am 187cm tall and my waist is size 34 in which I have a decent amount of space to move around freely without being cumbersome or oversized when in the water wading deep.
Staying in contact with the water!
Breathable waders are much more usable when compared to thick, hot, and heavy neoprene waders.
Their breathability is what really sets them apart from neoprene, and keeps you dry inside while keeping the water out.
We have taken careful steps to find the right balance between this breathability and toughness by using both a 5-layer and 3-layer fabric, resulting in a cool-wearing but tough-going pair of waders.
The darker material from the mid-chest downwards is the 5-layer material and subsequently takes a lot more wear and tear than most other breathable waders.
We specifically tested and selected this fabric for its excellent durability, flexibility, and comfort. The top lighter grey material is all about keeping you cool with 3-layers.
Our fabric is an eco-friendly material that feels a lot different from other waders out there and has passed the stringent Oeko-Tex 100 standard for ecological fabric quality.
One of the common areas of failure on waders is the seams and top of the neoprene socks, which we paid careful attention to when designing and manufacturing our Contact Waders.
The neoprene socks are in fact double thick on the top toe area giving you twice the lifespan before any small leaks or normal wear and tear will occur. This extra step is essential for waders for the Vaal as the pressure this system places on gear cannot be understated. The seams have been carefully welded with heat tape and each pair of waders is tested for a lengthy time in a custom water test before they are sent to us and finally onto yourself.
A host of water-resistant zippered pockets take the hassle out of carrying an extra fly box, your phone, or keys.
Our enlarged front fly storage system makes for easy use on the water and can even be fitted with a velcro fly patch if you prefer.
Neutral colours help keep you hidden and cooler in the warmer months.
- Breathable eco-friendly multi-layer construction
- Water-resistant quality zips and pockets
- Double thick neoprene socks with built-in gravel guards
- Waist straps
- Accessory attachment strip
- Hand warmer pocket
- Phone/Key pocket on the inside
- Heavy duty straps and buckles
- Designed and tested thoroughly in South Africa
- Available in sizes small / medium / large / extra large and extra extra large.
- All sizes are shown in EU and (SA/UK) foot sizes
- Please pay careful attention to the sizing charts to avoid unnecessary returns.
Caring for your Contact Breathable Waders
- Avoid folding on the seams of the waders – for storage, rolling or hanging your waders is the best option.
- While the 5-layer material is durable no wader can handle South African thorns – be mindful while walking through scrub and bush on the river’s edge as they can and will pierce your waders
- Hopping fences is usually needed to get to the best fishing spots, however, a snag on a barbed wire fence can spell the end of a good pair of waders. Take extreme caution when hopping over fences.
- Before storing your waders always make sure they are dry. The best practice is to dry your waders out of direct sunlight and keep them in a dry place for longer-term storage.
- Any minor holes can be patched with iron-on kits on the inside or onto the neoprene foot socks.
We will only process a return on an unused and unworn pair of waders due to the nature of the intended use. Should factory faults be found on a returned pair of waders we will either refund or replace them for you.