New for 2022 is our dedicated heavy fly pattern vice, the Orbital II Salty Editon. Built on our robust Orbital II framework and design but with specialized jaw operation that is purpose-built for the biggest patterns.
The jaws operate using a self-tensioning system and as such the hook actually “locks” in place. You can pull, push and try your best to move the hook, but once set it’s in the jaws until you fully disengage it.
A full rotary design allows for easy tying and ribbing/hackle spinning. We removed the base plate and offer the Orbital II Salty with only a c-clamp as a base plate will move/pullover under tying heavy patterns. A lengthened main shaft is fitted to help posture while tying as well as allow easy installation of a wastebasket.
- Tool steel jaw mechanism with tensioning system
- Smooth dual ball-bearing rotary action with tension adjustment
- Stainless steel T-handle
- C-clamp with tightening nut -can open to 55mm for thicker tables
- Made specifically for larger heavier hooks and anything smaller than a traditional size #6 (min) will not fit/work and will be crushed if the gauge is not thick enough.
- Accommodates up to hook size #6/0 (big daddy)
- Long heavy main shaft for added height – 145mm from c-clamp base to the rotary barrel