Give your flies the edge with our textured flashback fly tying material.
A lifelike synthetic material that provides a beautifully uniform flash and texture when tied into your flies. Our flashback contours well, is durable, can be cut to any size and is easy to tie into many different variations. Particularly effective when used on PTN flashbacks, caddis patterns and for minnow bodies.
Available in four different colours of flash
- rainbow pink
- caddis yellow
- mystic blue
- aqua green
Below is a neat Vaal caddis pattern tied up with aqua green flashback. One of my personal essential patterns that is always in my fly box.
Tie your own with a full list of materials below:
- 2mm metallic green countersunk bead.
- #12 Mouche caddis pupa hook
- 0.1mm green wire
- Tan and brown dubbing
- Any dark coloured thread to match
Tips when tying
- you can easily vary the bead size with this pattern, try 2mm, 3mm and even 4mm options to fish different depths and water speeds.
- keep you pattern looking buggy by teasing out the dubbing, this creates the illusion of legs and aids in giving your pattern movement and a lifelike silhouette
- use different colour flashbacks to make seasonal patterns
- course dubbing helps to make the “buggyness”/legs
- use a strong hook as the grab is not deep due to the position of the caddis on the hook, resulting is extra pressure being exerted on the bend to tip areas