**Please note – stock at release is one of each colour as we prepare/assemble each vice per order** Please allow an extra three days minimum processing should you receive on back order.
2022 marks the release of our much anticipated ORBITAL III v2 fly tying vice. We refined our original design from 2020 to bring with it some key changes for ease of use and aesthetics.
Reel fly fishing manufactures the ORBITAL III vice locally in South Africa with a focus on day-to-day fly tying use as well as simple clean operation. The ORBITAL III range stand-out feature is the one-handed jaw operation mechanism, coupled with a very finely tuned jaw point making them a fantastic option for smaller fly patterns. (dry flies and euro nymphs in particular)
Key Features Of The ORBITAL III Fly Vices
- Designed and manufactured in South Africa
- Matt colours to reduce shine and flash (eye fatigue)
- Gooseneck design to allow easier hand placement and maximum space
- True 360-degree rotary plane action
- Bearing-free design
- One-handed CAM jaw operation
- Easy rotary lockdown
- Heavy-duty over-sized base plate powder-coated in light grey to offset hooks/beads while tying
- Constructed from stainless steel, tool steel, and aluminum T6082 grade
- Jaws are made from Nitride hardened Tool steel to ensure longevity
- 22cm extended main shaft length – helps to improve sitting angle while tying as well as an extra room for a wastebasket
- Acetal tightening screw that is hard-wearing and long-lasting but also won’t damage the rotary shaft
- Hook sizes #2/0 (big daddy) to #32 accommodated with ease. (be sure to practice good vice etiquette to ensure you don’t damage the jaws due to the extreme claiming pressure from our CAM jaw design)
- ORBITAL III v2 fly tying vice
- Base Plate
- Bobbin cradle
Waste bin can be bought separately here
Soon, we will be manufacturing various tying screens, parachute holders, and tool holders that will fit into the tapped screws within the base plates.
We carry a full range of spares for the ORBITAL III range and should you encounter any breakages we can get you back into tying right away! New acetal tightening thumb screws (black screw) for the rotary function will be available as a purchase under spares for the ORBITAL III range.